Mrs Marlow is pleased to introduce the 2023 Parents and Friends Executive Team. Take a moment to find out about each of the keen and committed College Parents in their profiles below:
Vice-President - David Vanags
Our family have been a part of 好色tv since 2013. We have been so blessed for the education and guidance that our children have received that I felt compelled to give back and serve the College and it鈥檚 community by contributing through the P&F. I have seen the passion and commitment that past Executive members that have served, and I look forward to continuing their hard work and working with other College families to help them to make an impact and difference in the lives of others.
Secretary - Christine Fernandez Our family joined the NWCC Community at the end of 2020 when our eldest started ELC before starting Kindy. Both of our sons are now at the school, in ELC and Year 1. I have volunteered for several P&F events over the last two years and most recently helped to organise and run the 2022 Colour Run. After a hugely successful Colour Run, getting to know the P&F executive team, and working closely with staff and other parents, I decided to join the P&F executives as Secretary. I am excited to be a part of growing the College Community and encouraging parents to be as active as possible as a means of supporting their children's education and creating incredible family memories. I look forward to making more connections and working with the P&F to continue to bring positivity and togetherness to NWCC.
Treasurer - Glen Warner My wife and I have a son in primary at NWCC and we have been fortunate enough to be a part of the College community for the last 5 years. The community spirit throughout the College is a quality of the school that we really value, and I welcome the opportunity to be part of the P&F Executive for another term to further grow this community spirit and contribute to the College. I look forward to working with the P&F Executive and other members of the school community throughout the year.
The AGM is the forum in which annual reports are presented, the past year is reviewed, and elections are held for executive positions for the coming year. The positions to be elected at the AGM are President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Each position is held for a 12-month period. As per the P&F Constitution, positions are made vacant each year. Previous office holders are eligible to be nominated again, provided they have not served their full 2-year term in the one position.
The positions available and nominations are below. If you would like to understand what is involved in any of the available positions or any other aspect of the P&F you are welcome to contact the current team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College is thankful for the work of the P&F in developing the College community through events, fundraising and purchases. Particular thanks goes to those who have filled positions of responsibility on the P&F for their hard work and commitment.
The President shall preside at all meetings of the association except that, in the absence of the President, the Vice President shall preside and, in the absence of the President and Vice President, The Committee shall elect a Chairperson. The President will be able to demonstrate a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship. The President鈥檚 duties shall in addition to the above include:
- Ensuring proper governance of the Association at all times;
- Act as the responsible person in dealing with matters related to 好色tv (the College) and its Board of Directors;
- Direct the Vice-President, the Secretary and the Treasurer of the Association from time to time as required in the conduct of the affairs of the Association and their role performance;
- Ensure that the audited financial statements of the Association are provided to the College are delivered to the College as prescribed by article 7.3 of this Constitution;
- Ensure that there is an open and cooperative dialogue with the Board of the College in relation to the activities of the Association;
- Ensure that the objectives of the Association at all times align with the vision, mission and educational objectives of the College as set out in the College鈥檚 website and any directives of the Board of the College.
Vice-President The Vice-President of the Association shall deputise for the President in his/her absence.
- The Secretary shall attend meetings, prepare agendas, keep a record of all business conducted, receive and send correspondence, and similar duties unless these have been delegated to another member by the Association by the President.
- On relinquishing office the Secretary shall hand over all records, minutes, account books, etc to the incoming Secretary.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for receiving and depositing monies, maintaining records, making authorised payments and presenting accounts to each general meeting. The Treasurer shall present all records for auditing each year.
- The Treasurer shall render to the Annual General Member鈥檚 meeting a duly audited statement of receipts and payments.
- The Treasurer shall present to each general meeting of the Association a written financial statement for the period prior to the meeting. Money raised or contributed for special purposes shall not be applied to any other purpose except by the consent of the donor/s.
- On relinquishing office the Treasurer shall hand over all records to the incoming Treasurer.